Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Guns here!

I quickly looked around for something, anything, I could use as a weapon. "Fuck" I groaned as I grabbed a lonesome squeegee off the ground. I ran into the gas station and found John pinned against the counter trying desperately to hold of the two attackers. Without hesitating I swung the squeegee as hard as I could at the closest infected. Caught on the neck, it stumbled into an empty snack shelf. I went to swing at the second but the minor relief was all John needed to kick the it through the window. Turning back towards the first I noticed the plastic end of the squeegee had broken off leaving me with only a cheap wooden stick. I searched frantically for something better to defend myself when the creature lunged at me with a surprising speed. A single deafening blast cut the attack short and as the infected fell back onto the fallen shelf, a single hole just above his right eye. I turned around and saw John holding a revolver still aimed just to the left of me. "Where the fuck did you get that?" I asked, ears still ringing. "I've had it. They just got the jump on me is all." "Well hang on there is still one more". John cautiously went outside to deal with the zombie he had kicked through the window. "He's dead," he called after a moment. "Landed on his neck." "That was lucky." "Very. C'mon lets see if there is anything here worth taking." We searched the gas station and found a few candy bars and 3 bottles of water. "Look what I found," John called to me. I looked up and found him holding a sawed-off shotgun. "Damn, gunslinger. How many guns do you have?" He laughed, "Just the one. I found this hidden under the counter. You take it." He tossed it to me. It was heavier than I thought it. I looked down the smooth black barrel thinking how cliche this weapon was but I didn't really care.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. You have given me something to look forward to for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete